Wednesday, February 25, 2015

More Statistics!

I don't really enjoy talking about statistics, so I'm choosing to share my reflection from last weeks class.
We had the privilege to Skype in with a current master-giver of assessments. This experience was really neat and interesting for me. I have never heard about the process of administering an assessment to a client in the way she shared with us, especially the parts when she talked to us about the assessment reports we were able to work with earlier in the semester. While I don't think I will be getting into the testing and assessment field anytime soon, I do know that I will be working with school psychologists and social workers who may conduct assessments on students of mine. In fact, that just happened yesterday at my internship site! I was able to hear about the assessment reports for one of my students who was being tested for SPED services. I was able to appreciate the reports a little bit more after our experience last class because I know how much of a difference assessments make!


No comments:

Post a Comment