Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Intellectual and Cognitive Functioning

Last week in class we were able to complete a sample of an intelligence test. I felt pretty confident during the first couple of questions, but that soon changed once I flipped the page and started to get into more difficult questions. The seven minute time limit soon seemed daunting and just another piece to worry about while completing the test. Once time was called I realized I didn't answer all of the questions; this bothered me because I usually don't have a problem with finishing tests on time. Going through the answers I found that I got only half of the questions right, which was also bothersome to me because I usually do really well on assessments.
Completing this type of timed test made me think of myself in someone else's shoes. This "someone else" may be an individual with testing anxiety because I felt anxious when I heard we had two minutes left and I wasn't positive that all my answers were correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment